THE CATHOLIC WOMEN'S LEAGUE OF CANADA
The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada :
• to achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
• to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
• to protect the sanctity of human life.
• to enhance the role of women in church and society.
• to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
• to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
• to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
The Catholic Women's League of Canada
calls its members to grow in faith,
and to witness to the love of
God through ministry and service.
CWL Diocesan Executive
Directives & Reports
Welcome to a new year with a new National theme:
CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME.
This theme allows us to delve into many environmental
actions as we transition from Inspired by the Spirit women
respond to God's Call. We continue to respond to God's
call as he inspires us through environmental challenges.
These include reducing, recycling, repairing, reusing and
even refusing. We need to rethink what we do and use
each day to reduce damage to our Mother Earth.
Our new National President, Anne Gorman asks that we
concentrate on the issue of WATER. We live in the land of
beautiful lakes but we must remember our brothers and
sisters who work hard each day to supply enough water for
their families and themselves. We must work towards educating
others about the importance of keeping our waters clean. I know
you will come up with wonderful activities within your councils to
highlight Anne's theme. We will still be working on Homelessness
until the Provincial election in July when Anne Madden finishes her
term and our new Provincial President will take her place.
The 85th Timmins Diocesan Convention is approaching and
I look forward to seeing many of you there!
With God's blessings of Peace & Hope
Audrey; Timmins Diocesan President
Back To Home Page
Faith, - following Catholic teaching
Service - local, national and international
Social Justice - actively involved in society